Over the weekend, we participated in the “Sea to Source” event (powered by Conservation Volunteers Australia) with a display of marine debris our crew and passengers have collected off beaches we visit as part of our day trips to the Mackay island national parks.
So far we have collected 8 x 100ltr bags of marine debris (with a weight of approx 250kg) since we started operating on the 1st December last year.
Wildcat also did a presentation on our environmental commitments and actions.
Steve our skipper spoke about the actions Wildcat undertakes when visiting these beautiful parts of the region – and include:
· Collecting marine debris from beaches .
· Removing invasive weeds along the foreshore.
· Water quality and coral reef monitoring
· Undertaking best practices for our in water and land based activities.
· Compostable cups, plates and cutlery
· Environmentally friendly plant based cleaning products
All the work we do, brings us one step closer to preserving our amazing backyard!